Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. nurtures individuality while providing greater opportunities for Brotherhood, Scholarship, and Service. Phi Beta Sigma is continuity from yesterday to today to tomorrow. It's yesterday with its traditions and goals carried on from generations past. It's today as a home away from home and a center for your college activities. It's tomorrow as a creator of friendships and ideals that will last your whole life.
Remember, the parties and step shows come and go, but the brotherhood will last a lifetime. Fraternities have personalities. As you would measure an individual, so you should measure a fraternity. Phi Beta Sigma seeks to attract young men of vision and character. Such young men will mold the future of the Fraternity and carry its ideals and principles on to the next generation. We hope you will consider the part Phi Beta Sigma can play in your life.
This is a question that all of us have asked. Perhaps the most apparent offering of any fraternity is Brotherhood. This bond is alive and well between all brothers of Phi Beta Sigma. This bond is made possible by our working together on chapter projects as well as brotherhood events where we just take time to have fun. The brothers here enjoy the same bond with brothers worldwide.
This idea of Brotherhood is part of all that we do as a fraternity and filters into many aspects life. The strength of our Brotherhood comes from the wide variety of men within our Brotherhood. This is not to say that every man can join Phi Beta Sigma, but that within our Brotherhood, there is room for many different types of men. Phi Beta Sigma does not attempt to clone its members; the individual talents of each man are seen as beneficial to the whole.
It is vital to the success of our Fraternity that we identify and train qualified new members who are committed to community service and to the personal and professional ideals upon which our Brotherhood was founded.
· Collegiate membership in Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity is limited to college men who are attending and working toward obtaining a baccalaureate degree at a recognized college or university and have completed at least one grading period and have obtained a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA based on a four point scale.
· Alumni Membership in Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity is limited to professional men that have been granted a baccalaureate degree or other degree by a recognized college or university.
· Candidates of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity must not currently be a member of or have previously been a member of another intercollegiate fraternity other than an honorary or professional fraternity.meeting?
· Personal growth
· A professional approach to organizational planning
· Progressive, innovative and dynamic programs
· Leadership development programs
· First-class social functions
· An opportunity for community involvement
Address: 3247 Elgin St Houston, Texas 77004
Darrence Phillips- Chapter President
If you have any questions for the Alpha Beta Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., please don't hesitate to contact us. We're available via the contact form or email, and will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Thanks!